Harvard Library is now providing premium access to content on the Chronicle of Higher Education web site. Users who reach the site via HOLLIS+ or another Library source will be prompted for their Harvard ID and PIN and then given full access.
Users who reach the Chronicle site from a non-Library source (such as a Google search or an emailed link to an article) have two options:
- Use the Harvard Library Proxy Bookmarklet (or similar tool) to reload the site. The user will be prompted for her Harvard ID and PIN and then given full access.
- Create a personal account at the Chronicle web site using her Harvard email address. Users logging in with a personal account are not prompted to enter a Harvard ID and PIN.
The Library recommends accessing the Chronicle via HOLLIS+ when:
- Users prefer to remain anonymous to the Chronicle
- Users don’t want to manage a personal account
The Library recommends creating a personal account at chronicle.com when:
- Users would like to receive newsletters via email with links that are easy to click
- Users would like to download the Chronicle’s iPad edition